Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Things are humming.

Amazing how often I make the same business mistakes over and over again.

The difference in longevity is that I make slightly less of them.

**********

Funny. I don't even bother to read the news reports about how Christmas sales are doing. Because of my experience, I just don't believe 1.) they know, and 2.) if anyone did know they'd be telling them the real scoop.

Maybe the quarterly earnings will say something, for those who know how to read between the lines.

But mostly, every store is different.

**********

As I mentioned yesterday, I'm a tad tuckered out. After getting the comics put away, Linda called and needed some VISA rolls for her store, so I left Cameron in charge and went over. Then I decided to drive home, fell onto my office futon, and slept for half an hour. Got up and went back to work.

Wish I could do that every day.

**********

I went crazy on boardgames, because I was afraid of running out. I'm probably going to end up with multiple copies of the big three: Ticket to Ride, Settlers of Catan, and Carcassonne, and most of their expansions.

Also went a little nuts with Small World and Dominion and Munckin and a bunch of others.

All good games it won't take me much of 2011 to sell.

Overall, I'm as stocked with the best selling product as I ever am, even after a busy week, because I made sure I immediately reordered. I'm not counting until the end of the year whether I overdid it, but I do know the store feels and looks good.

No comments: