Thursday, December 2, 2010

"Dumpster diving, frankly, is also very trendy."

"Dumpster diving, frankly, is also very trendy." Quote in the Source.

Dammit! No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to keep up with the latest trends!

**********

Me: "We just went and saw Harry Potter!"

Jasper: "Did you like it?"

Me: "It was very good."

Jasper: "Why was it good?"

Me: "Because it was so dark....."

Customer comes in and we get busy and we leave it at that....

**********

I've used the same description of "dark" to describe Harry Potter several times since, and no one has yet asked me to explain.

**********

Every few years, we get a huge flock of tiny birds swarm the tree outside the store, who chatter away for an hour or two, non-stop. Cool sound, actually. The birds are very punctual. Every day at 4:00.

**********

Who knew Barista's were so deadly?

**********

The only day I actually eat breakfast is on comic shipping day -- which says something about the stress level of that process. I just have to remind myself to relax, it'll get done when it gets done.

Hey, comic customer tapping you're toes at the counter -- I'll be done when I'm done!

(Doesn't work. They want their comics, dammit!)

It's better than it used to be -- and, frankly, I'm glad there are still some folk who are that eager.

**********

Never mind the country as a whole. Never mind Oregon. If the jobless benefits extension doesn't go through, it's going to have brutal impact on Central Oregon.

Still, in the end, these things almost always seem to go through....after everyone has postured enough.

**********
"Why Oregon Lags In Personal Income."

Empirical proof of 'Poverty with a View.'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such good blog posts deserve some comments. Comment, somebody, dammit.

*

Buster, you stil there?

BP?

Anonymous said...

"relatively low wages" is why per capita personal income lags, according to The Bulletin.

I think The Bulletin gets tautology.