Tuesday, December 21, 2010

In the moment....

I'm just giving it all over to the store. All my attention, my focus.

So what else is new, right?

Well, I mean, this is more like being in the batter's box -- trying to stay loose, staying in the moment, watching the ball. Trying to hit it out of the park.

I can be a pretty good salesman when I try, and when my mood is right. So I'm spending a whole lot of time trying to regulate my mood. Staying loose and relaxed and cheerful.

I made yet another game order, because I realized that if I sold more than 1 or 2 of each of the major games per day, I could be sold out by Christmas Eve. This will be the 4th game order this season, when I intended to do only one, possibly two.

My instincts are to keep pounding away at whatever is selling, and boardgames have been selling.

I'm trying very hard to keep expectations down, or -- more to the point -- not have any expectations, and just go with the flow.

One deal I made with myself. I would go to work an hour earlier, and stay an hour later for the last six days before Christmas. If I could make, say, 50.00 an hour, that would almost pay for the last couple of game shipments.

I could wish that not so much depended on a single week like this, but this is what Christmas has become and instead of fighting it, I'm trying to really make sure I'm ready to make the most of it.

No comments: