Thursday, January 21, 2010

There and back again.

A Mother came in looking for The Hobbit, and I didn't have it in stock.

Me. Duncan McGeary, who probably only owns this store because of The Hobbit, DIDN'T HAVE IT IN STOCK.!

I humble my head in shame and vow that it shall never happen again!

**********

I just ordered a $450.00 retail life-sized Iron Man Helmet.

Shiny!

Who says I don't advertise?

I saw an article about a new comic shop, and it showed the owners sitting at a table with a life-sized Green Goblin head, and it just really popped out of the picture. I used to have a life-sized Venom head, which eventually sold. I almost bought a life-sized Hulk head, and I almost bought a half-sized Joker head. I did actually sell a half-sized Batman head. It's the kind of thing I usually back down from after thinking it over.

I've gotten hundreds of comments about my steam-punk raygun ($700.00) but haven't come even close to selling it.

I'm expecting a bit of extra profit this month, so I thought, why not?

I don't actually expect to sell the Iron Man Helmet, but with the movie coming out, I think it will look pretty impressive behind the counter.

**********

So Morgan Stanley has given themselves 16.4 billion in salary and bonuses.

Excuse my language, but $#&$& #**$&&#!! $&$**(%*&(#&#(*(&&$&&#&!!!!!!!!!

**********

Linda came bustling into my room while I was on my first cup of coffee.

"Wow. Slow down," I said.

"I'm too busy to slow down!" she snorted.

"Yeah. I'm putting that on my gravestone...."

**********

There's a Twilight Graphic Novel, the first half of the prose novel, coming out on March 16th.

How much to order?

No matter what I do, I'll either order too little or too much. Based on the Anita Blake and Buffy adaptations, I think I could sell 10 copies over a long period of time even if there is only a little interest.

If there is HUGE interest, Today Show interview Front Page USA TODAY, level interest, I could sell much more.

What to do. What to do.

**********

AMC (makers of Mad Men) has commissioned a pilot of The Walking Dead, which is probably my best-selling 'mainstream' graphic novel of the last few years. (If a book about zombies can be considered 'mainstream'....)

You know, this could make a pretty good series. It's more about how people band together in difficult times than it is about Zombies, really. Combined with post-holocaust.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dunc I just wanted to say that last night I watched LOR for the 1058th time, ... I really like the beginning and always fall asleep about the time the boyz get the elvin village. ah well.

Yes how could you not have hobbit books?