Monday, January 4, 2010

Back to the routine.

I think for now, I'm going to be happy with the return to routine, to the slower pace.

Obviously, not as much revenue, but that just means I should spend less. That I need spend less.

Doesn't mean I want to spend less. I see plenty of new books, for instance, I'd like to buy. But that's neverending. I'm almost there on new boardgames, but there are always new ones and I'd like never to sell out of the best-sellers, but the results at Christmas justify and new level of investment.

I've done my year end stats, and I'll detail them more later, but roughly speaking I've decided to shore up a couple of the categories that underperformed. Show a little faith. Get the inventory level higher. As long as I break even, I'm O.K. with that result.

I'm pretty stable right now in my categories -- maybe for the first time ever. I'm standing pat. I'm letting manga and anime fade for awhile, and selling them for half price until I've winnowed them down, but even those I'm going to start bringing in the best 10 of each category, eventually.

Sports cards were down, a bit. But I didn't support them as well as I had the year before, and that's easily corrected.

Generally speaking, I'm planning to keep adding to my new books and my new games, hold at comics and graphic novels and toys, try to shore up collector card games and sports cards, and let manga and anime slide for awhile. Used books are already filling every nook and cranny I can find.

Like I said, nicely routine.

No comments: