Thursday, June 29, 2023

How does anyone get anything done?

People were surprised by how many books I wrote and how fast. 

The thing is: that's ALL I did, for about eight years. Especially the first three years, my focus was totally on the writing. The garden went to hell, I trusted Sabrina to run the store, and I shut out everything else.

It wasn't as hard for me as it probably is with most people. I've always been a loner. I love being by myself.

Anyway, last summer I bought a large collection of comics which I spent most of the winter bagging, boarding, and pricing. My intention was to replace all the back issues upstairs in the store with the stuff I've been working on. 

I figured it would take a week or two to make the transfer.

Now admittedly, there was some time in the Spring when I could have got it done but faced with the task, I procrastinated. I've been telling people for months now that it was going to get done "soon."

I set June as the month I would absolutely, positively, get it done.

Then my family visited for a week, coming from all parts of country. Today, Linda's niece is visiting for a few days, and so on.

I haven't got a thing done. One week of visits is really two or more weeks of preparing and recovering. 

So just this much social interaction has thrown me completely off. Which makes me wonder how the rest of the world, who are probably almost all more social than me, get anything done at all!

No comments: