Monday, June 5, 2023

Cue the X-Files music.

Linda has been rewatching the X-Files from season one on. I hung in there for a few episodes, but I just have a hard time watching something twice.

Anyway, there is a current actual news story bubbling up about a supposed expert whistleblower who maintains that the governments of the world have been tracking down and have in their possession technology of a non-human nature. The sources are what I would call secondary news outlets, not the sheer nuttery sites, but also not mainstream.

So I went down the rabbit hole for a few hours. The way it's presented, the whistleblower is credible. But he's credible to the credulous, if you know what I mean.

It's all a tease so far. To me, the big tease is an almost sure giveaway that it's a bunch of hoo-ha. There have been too many Al Capone Vault discoveries, identifications of Jack the Ripper, the Sedgeway will change how we travel brouhaha, and other bullshit for me to give it much credence. 

But...wouldn't it be cool? They've been reverse engineering alien technology for years? 

Sadly, it's the very fact that it would be so cool that makes me doubt the whole thing.

No comments: