Thursday, May 9, 2019

Just as I started getting rolling on my book, the necessities of life caught up to me--all scheduled when it looked like nothing was happening.

Eye-doctor, dentist, store, regular doctor, taxes, kids, and on and on.

As I said before, in the first few years of writing NOTHING stopped me. Now it seems like EVERYTHING does.

I'm slightly worried, but not terribly worried. This story has got me, and I can feel it lurking, and I'm pretty sure when this week is over, I'll be back to it.

I've now walked for 12 days in a row, so I'm going to keep that string going, no matter what. I've found a back entrance to the nearby walking spot which was closed off. I'm skirting no-trespassing zones, but not directly defying them. (I'm weirdly sign-obeying.)

They've neatly closed off all entrances to the nearby BLM land, which is probably strictly on purpose, heh. 

There may be an unexpected benefit. Since the roads are closed off to motorized vehicles, the only way in is from Lower Bridge Road, and my walking spot is at 4 or 5 miles from there, so there is much less likelihood I'll run into people. On the other hand, I have to walk ten minutes just to get to the part I really want to walk.

No comments: