Monday, May 13, 2019

I mentioned on Facebook that I thought the current chapter is the most important of the book.

It came out all right. Better than it was. Maybe even "good enough." But I suspect I'll come back to it a few more times to try to make it better.

So those first five chapters were mostly all new material, and they feel like a real book, instead of an experiment.

I believe that Hart Davis (with a little help from Nicole) can provide the narrative spine down the middle of the book. In fact, I may transition a few other chapters into his viewpoint, if possible. So that will be the difficult part. Other than that, though, it's simply a matter of moving from first person to third person for all POV characters but Hart. Not easy, but not impossible either.

So I'm going to try for 20 pages a day minimum, get it done this month.


OK. Now that I've gotten to page 40 in the rewrite, I see I have one more original chapter to write. Then I should be able to meld the rest together. (Of course, I thought that before...)

No comments: