Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Why would you ever leave a holodeck? Seriously.

Once again asking my friends and readers to buy another book.

"Fateplay" is my first real science fiction novel. It was inspired by the tone and easy-to-read-ness of "Ready Player One" though it quickly went in its own direction. I really like the characters, the variety of them, and it was great fun to write a bunch of different adventure scenarios because the book is about role-playing and cosplay and virtual reality and holo-technology.

Watching "Orville" has once again reminded me of what seems to me to be the fundamental question:

"Why would you ever leave a holo scenario you like?"

Seriously. Why would you? Addictive personalities at the very least, but then--we're all addictive personalities when it comes right down to it. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PKHKFBJ/ref=pe_3377830_400938170_pe_re_csr_lm

No comments: