Wednesday, March 6, 2019

A whole new wardrobe.

I've lost 20 pounds since Christmas, on my way to 25. The first ten pounds were easy--basically just trailing off a little. The second ten pounds have been a struggle. I figure the last five pounds will be harder still. And keeping those pounds off will be yet another level.

But I have a whole new (old) wardrobe.

I fought my weight for years, keeping it around 180--which is still 10 pounds higher than I'd like it to be. I tried getting below 170 but it was a bridge too far.

Anyway, about a decade ago, I "let myself go." Ate what I wanted. And all my clothes became too tight.

I'd say about 2/3rds of the clothes in my closet were bought at the 180 weight and only a third is at the above 190 weight.

I have a bit of a barrel chest so losing weight below that doesn't really show up. I look the same. But I feel slimmer. Hopefully it will give me a bit more energy.

I had a bit of health scare, and I was in talking to the exercise/nutrition people at the hospital yesterday, and sure enough, they basically want me to eat carrots and turnips. Not only that, but raw carrots and turnips.

Basically, I'm taking in their advice and adapting it to what I think I can actually accomplish. I was doing pretty well already--walking everyday, taking my medications. I can eat better, admittedly, but I never ate lots of fast foods. I've tailed off on the chips and sweets already.

I have good discipline for some reason. Don't know where that came from.

No comments: