Saturday, March 1, 2014

Digital versus print.

Based on the number of people who have said to me and Linda, "I'll be interested in that when it comes in," the print version of Led to the Slaughter should sell better than the digital.  At least, among the people we ask.

But of course, the people we ask are only those people who walk into our stores -- maybe 100 to 200 people a day.  Digital is available to the whole world.  Sheer numbers, and percentages. 

And of course many of those people who say they are going to buy the book are just saying it.  Confronted with actually pulling out their wallets, the answer may be different.

I'll need to be careful not to put people on the spot, and yet at the same time try to close the deal.  I don't want anyone to feel uncomfortable.

2 comments:

cableguy said...

Just purchased the Donner Party ebook from Amazon. Congrats on getting published. My wife is an emerging writer, having had a couple of short stories published - including one in the Source contest - and now working on a novel of her own. Dunc - your creative output is something to behold - particularly for those of us who see a page of writing as a daunting task! I'll be sure to post a review on Amazon when done. Much success to you.
Johnf

Duncan McGeary said...

Thank you, I very much appreciate that.