Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Obsessively checking the rankings.

I've fallen into a nasty habit of obsessively checking the rankings on Amazon and Smashwords.

First of all, what does it really matter?

Secondly, what does it mean?

I've decided I should just let myself enjoy this.

I've accomplished what I set out to do.  To get published again.  Have a book sent out into the world again.  Those were my two goals, and I've already done them.

I can't tell what's going on in sales, it's all very contradictory, but it really doesn't matter.  I'm cool with what's already happened.  Not only that, but I've still got my Vampire Evolution Trilogy coming out, one by one.

I'm intensely interested in what the new covers will look like.

And probably most important of all, I've got a pretty good handle on the sequel, which has enough depth that if I do it right, it should be a good read.

So my job is just to do it right.

No comments: