Sunday, March 24, 2013

Twice as good as before / Halfway to being good.

I finished up typing up the digital copy of Sometimes a Dragon.  It's about 20% shorter than before.

It's also a bit of a shambles.

Again, when I ask myself if it's any good, I get the feeling that it might be really bad.  But I still want to finish it.  It's bad for all the right reasons -- ambition, stretching my abilities, trying to give myself permission to write what I want to write, giving it over completely to my subconscious.

So I still want to save it.

First thing I'm going to do is take a week or two to get it in 'readable' form.  That is, if I got hit by a bus in the near future, the story could still be put online in a form that I could stand behind.

But I also think this book can be improved, probably by a lot.

As I've said before --  It's twice as good as before, and halfway to being good.

No comments: