Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Just get it in digital form.....

Took the first few chapters of the revamped Sometimes a Dragon to writer's group last night, and it seemed to pass muster.

Linda really liked it.  I love that reaction I get from her sometimes.  Thank god for Linda.  I have two things that really sustain me -- one is that I actually did get published once so I must not be completely delusional and the other is that Linda let's me know and I think she has good taste.  So that's vastly reassuring.

It read really well.  Just flowed.  It still has a bit more style than most things I write -- I'm much more straightforward nowadays, but it wasn't off putting, like before.

Even the questions they had were well within the range of questions I was willing not to answer. 

I'm really Feeling this book, rather than Thinking this book.  Look for subconscious answers to problems, instead of logical answers.

It is, in other words, still the book I want to write MY way and damn the consequences.

Though, at the same time, I do want it to be readable.

All of which is good because I'm having trouble with the second half of the book.  I'm bored with it, and that can't be a good sign.  But it's also requiring less creativity and more typing, which is probably not bad.

My main goal is to just get it down on digital so I can play with it.

No comments: