Thursday, August 9, 2012

ew....sappy.

You rarely get sappy posts out of me (I think.)

So pardon me for this one.

I was thinking how thankful I am for having these pills I can take for my phobic reaction. I almost never use them, but I know they are there and they save me weeks of anticipatory anxiety for events I'm required to attend. (Family functions and such. It isn't the family that causes the fear, but the settings...)

Anyway, while I'm on a Thankful riff. (It goes without saying that I'm knocking wood with each of the following entries:)

I'm thankful my health.

I'm thankful for this blog.

I'm thankful that my business has finally seemed to stabilize. That I can have time off. That I don't have to worry as much about paying bills.

I'm thankful to be in a business where I am surrounded by comics and books and games and toys and movies -- all things I love.

I'm thankful that we started the Bookmark, and that Linda also has a very copacetic workplace.

I'm thankful that my depression went away, and hasn't returned.

I'm thankful for my house and my garden and my cat.

I'm thankful to be living in Bend; and Oregon; and the U.S. of A.

I'm thankful that I'm able to write, and have fun with it.

I'm thankful that my siblings and I get along.

I'm thankful my two sons are doing well.

Hey, this could probably go on forever, eh?

Most of all, I'm thankful for Linda, who I still love madly, who I gain greater and greater respect for as the years go by, who's so much fun to be with, and so easy to be with, and ... well, this is sappy enough already.

3 comments:

Martha said...

I, for one, don't mind sappy posts. I'm glad things are going so well for you. :)

Anonymous said...

Great post. Life's too short and difficult for anything to be wrong with sappy.

Anonymous said...

Attitude of gratitude is NOT sappy.

Jim