Sunday, January 9, 2011

Tangled, but not blue.

I've taken to liking sitting through the credits at the end of good movies. Somehow, it lets the movie settle in.

I told Linda that, and she said, "Yeah. And you're the information guy."

"Oh, right. That too."

It's true. I like the little bits of info I can glean. Like I sat through the end credits of TANGLED, today, and at the very very end there was an acknowledgment of "The Baby Chameleons." I caught the names Sticky, and I think Icky, and there were three or four others. I like the image of a bunch of baby chameleons running around the feet of in the animators.

Disney (indeed, most animators, especially Pixar) just seems to get better and better at animation. Heart and wit and adventure. Best romantic comedy of the year.

I was caught unawares that it was a musical, and I kept thinking how this would make a great stage play.

Grownups who don't go to animation, are really missing the best movies of the year, sometimes...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I once sat through the end credits to an episode of Cowboy Bebop, and tucked in there (going a mile a minute) was the name "John Smallberries." This is a name that was used for one of the lectroid security guards from "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension." Strange that they decided to slide that in there. I guess all of them weren't killed when Buckaroo and the Hong Kong Cavaliers raided the joint.