Saturday, March 24, 2007

For some reason, Linda and I started keeping our ticket stubs to the movies about 6 years ago. I haven't been 100% consistent about it, but Linda has been, or so she says.. . The other day, Linda was cleaning out her closets, and bequeathed me all her tickets. So I put them together and counted.

We have 570 stubs. Now, I know that there are at least a couple dozen doubles more I didn't keep, but even these numbers are interesting. Since we went to the movies together, most of the time, that represents about 48 movies a year.

I know we have slowed way down the last couple of years....

To be fair, Linda worked at the theater for a few years (another word for assistant manager is slave), but that also means we probably went to even more movies than is represented by the tickets.

Linda says we went to more movies before she started working at the theater, and it's true it was hard to start paying full price after getting them for free.

At 6.00 a pop, that represents about $570.00 a year.

Linda also gave me all her loose keys, which sparked me to start writing a story on my other blog, (A Daily novel; the Time Travel Shop) called KEYS, about a kid who is obsessive/compulsive about numbers.

But I'm sure that is just a coincidence.

No comments: