Saturday, March 3, 2007

Every ten years or so, I shave off my beard. It looks very strange. My face is a stranger. I feel like I have no chin, (other than the double one that was obscured by the beard.) My nose looks too big, my lips too thin. I feel like an opossum. My beard had gotten so white and grizzled, that I was looking old, but I'm not sure this is an improvement.

I look exactly like my Dad.

Going to spend Saturday reading comics, and go see Ghostrider tomorrow. Time to catch up on my pop-culture duties.

There is an article on SLATE that is the most succinct article I've seen in the mainstream press that parallels my experiences with bubbles. Moneybox. March 2. BUBBLE, BUBBLE, TOIL, AND TROUBLE.

Still listening to the Dixie Chicks. Much as I like their earlier albums, this one just seem to get deeper and deeper. I really need to buy more music.

O.K. Off to read comics...

1 comment:

Bender said...

Interesting – About every 10 years I grow a beard and then promptly shave it off.

Maybe you should sell music and try to compete with Target/Wal*Mart – Although some of the good independents do sell some genre specific music – For instance Paulina Springs. It’s been a year or so since I’ve been inside so maybe you have added some music – Dixie Chick perhaps?

Regarding: The Census Bureau data on new housing sales for January, released earlier this week, showed a whopping fall of 20 percent from the year-ago level, and down 16.6 percent from December.

It would be interesting to compare housing starts in the same time period.