Saturday, March 17, 2007

A bit of a test. Last week, because I blew my entire reorder budget the week before, I had to hold back. I made the minimum reorder from Diamond Comics. So I passed the first test. The clearance items have pretty much been the same for the last three weeks, so I did the right thing by ordering them when they first came online, rather than waiting. In order to take advantage of clearance deals, I'll sometimes need to go overbudget.

Meanwhile, I was completely screwed on the Death of Captain America issues. I actually put in reorders early in the week, BEFORE the big bruhaha, and then early on the day they arrived. Both were confirmed reorders (which 99% of the time means I'll get them.) I passed on reorders over the next two days, and didn't try to get them 'direct' (because I would have saved all of a day for extra postage.)

Well, everyone who made reorders on Thursday and Friday got theirs. I didn't. Even though I ordered EARLIER!

The system obviously broke down. Plus, I have a new rep again, who isn't very helpful. About every 3rd rep I get is useless. And every competent rep is promoted.

Sigh. I used to get angry. Now I'm just going to get on with life. I will call the higher management, and leave a message that their system broke down -- no way that orders made on a Monday, confirmed, should be superseded by orders 4 days later....

As I get older, I've come to realize that such snafu's are the normal order of things.

1 comment:

Jason said...

"I have a new rep again, who isn't very helpful. About every 3rd rep I get is useless. And every competent rep is promoted."

This would drive me nuts. Hopefully, the bad ones don't stay for too long ... but I guess that would be too easy, wouldn't it?