Thursday, May 14, 2020

Tomorrow we open.

Tomorrow we open. We are going to start with limited hours during May--12:00 to 4:00.

As we neared the finish line of reassembling the store, I ran out of juice. Just couldn't motivate myself to do another thing. I mean, it's all but done. Just a few things here and there that can be finished during store hours.

One thing I'm really hoping is that we can keep the dust down. That filthy old rug was half dust and I think every footstep probably raised a small cloud.

It's hard for me to see the changes. I have to assume they are there. Sabrina's wife, Ashley, said it was a huge transformation. "I didn't think a flooring could make that much difference, but before when I came into the store, it seemed like a typical nerdy place. Now it's..."

"Professional?" I offer.

She nods. "Professional."

(Great...so we were a typical nerdy place. I always preferred the term, "funky.")

We keep missing the UPS guy. Or he keeps missing us. I'm going in early tomorrow to make sure we take delivery.

So we're off and running. I hope we can do even half as much as normal--which would at least pay for most of the overhead if not for new material.

I'm half wondering if, instead of spending money, I should have asked for it--a Go Fund Me kind of thing, like what Paulina Springs Bookstore is doing. But I really can't ask for money if I don't desperately need it.

But anything you can buy would be appreciated.

It will be fun to be open again. 

No comments: