Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Sales over the first five days were good enough that I felt I could order all the books we needed. I told Sabrina to do regular graphic novel orders and to go ahead and do a game order. I just hope this level of sales continues. The limited hours don't seem to be hurting much.

We don't seem to be having any problems. Probably half the customers are wearing masks, the others are pretty good about keeping social distance, so neither Sabrina or I have felt overly threatened. No one has made any comments.

I went to the doctor yesterday and all my labs were perfect, right down the line. Probably the first time that's happened--that I wasn't a little "off" somewhere. If it wasn't for that little incident 15 months ago, I'd think I was in perfect health.

Tried doing a jigsaw puzzle reorder through my book distributor and they are completely sold out. I may have to go direct with some puzzle distributor another.

I've decided to create a "Duncan's Shelf." These would be the books I've read lately, at used prices. Just one shelf worth of "used" books for the entire store. I suppose I could trade them in, but the used bookstores have become so selective, it's hardly worth the trouble.

The new flooring is great. For some reason the store feels more open even though it's pretty much the same design. Moving a few inches here and there can make a difference. It's also much clearer how much dirt gets tracked into the store. We can immediately sweep it up, but it goes to show how much dirt was ground into the carpet on a regular basis.

1 comment:

Luci & Loree said...

Agree with the book stores.... what the heck? they reject some of the best books i have read... Linda was so easy going and appreciative of all books... Have to find another outlet. Have found that not working and don't see the people i came into contact with on a daily basis i no longer have the trading access i used to have...