Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Had my appointment with my regular doctor last week, and my cardiologist this morning over the phone.

Both of them are retiring this year. Yeah, sure, get out of Dodge while you can...

No, really, I don't blame them. The medical system isn't what it used to be.

Anyway, all the labs are tip-top. I'm in overall good shape. I asked the cardiologist about how much danger my stent put me in, and he said, in typical doctor fashion, that he couldn't be sure what factors were at play--heart disease or age or ?

"But do I have actual heart disease?"

"Yes...you have heart disease. Sorry, but that's what it is."

I said, "I just need to hear the truth, I can handle it if it's the truth."

But the fact of the matter is I've been sort of thinking that my heart attack was an "atypical" event, that really now that the stent is in, I'm fine. But he explained that these things are progressive, and that yes (Subtext), don't fool yourself.

I probably should try to get back in my habit of walking. One of the problems I've having is that each of my walking spots seem to be shutting down, or getting worse with trash and litter, making them less fun to walk.

I mean, I could walk on public trails, but that isn't the kind of privacy I crave. I guess it's going to be a trade-off...at least, unless I can find a spot of my own.


Meanwhile, there should be an article tomorrow on Pegasus Books in the "Go" supplement magazine in the Bulletin tomorrow. It was originally supposed to be about the intersection of "superheroes" and the "pandemic," but based on the two long interviews with me and Sabrina, I'm hoping it will be more about the store and our history. A couple of hours worth of interviews, and probably a minute's worth of quotations...the way it usually happens.

Hoping it makes us look good.