Wednesday, March 18, 2015

This writing thing has turned into a routine.

Went to Pegasus Books for some chores yesterday, then sorted books at the Bookmark for a few hours. By the time I came home, I just didn't feel like writing.

Partly, I'm not liking the chapter of Tuskers III I'm writing right now.  I need to get back to my previous idea of writing from scratch.  I made the mistake of trying to use previously written material.

I know that the chapter before this, I wasn't all that happy either, but when I read it to Linda that night, it was fine.  Much better than I expected.

Anyway, I'm determined to finish the problem chapter today.  It's important to write, to finish, to do the work.

I work at the store tomorrow.  I'm hoping to come back next week and completely finish part one of the book, and also write the unfinished chapter of part two.  Then I can concentrate on part three.

Just nuts and bolts stuff.

I signed a contract for Tuskers II and III yesterday.  Ragnarok also asked what else I might have to offer them, which is encouraging to say the least. 

I really want to see The Last Fedora in print, if possible.  (It's off with Lara, and I'm curious to know what she thinks of it.)  And I'm hoping I can get Faerylander to a place where I think it's worthy.  (It's off with Bren, and I told her to be as hard on it as she thought she needed to be.)

Not sure about the Audible Tuskers.  Audible seemed to think I wanted to narrate my own book, but hell no. I want a pro to do it.  I'm as curious as anyone to see how it sounds.  So my publisher had to clarify that.  I'm hoping soon.

This writing thing has turned into something a little more routine, I think. 

No comments: