Monday, July 29, 2013

Vampire Evolution Trilogy.

I've written the first three chapters of Blood of Gold. 

I think there is a book here, and I have an overall theme.  But it hasn't reached that coalesced feeling I get when it all comes together.   A little too early for that.

The key is finding some new characters who I care about who are underdogs, who have to find their way to safety.  The older characters will start somewhat as background characters -- but I think I've found a way to throw them into trouble as well.  They've become powerful over the last two books, but I think there is a way to make the underdogs as well. 

Once they've been thrown into jeopardy I can take the established characters and pull them front and center.

It's important to have a people stories in the midst of the overall plot, which is getting bigger with every book.  

Looks like I'm going to be focused on this stuff for the next few months -- but at the end of the process, I'm hoping I'll have the "Vampire Evolution Trilogy:  Death of an Immortal; Rules of Vampire; and Blood of Gold -- up and online.  So I'll feel like I've accomplished something.

No comments: