Monday, July 8, 2013

In the final stretch of RULE OF VAMPIRE.

I'm in the final stretch of RULE OF VAMPIRE.

I'm trying to decide what to include in this book and what to save for the next book.  Everything will go into this book if that's what it takes to make it a good read.  But I think the next book will be broadening the story into a global conflict.  So each book has gotten a little bigger in scope.

I have the title to the third book:  BLOOD OF GOLD.

I'm committed to this vampire trilogy being ebooks, while I'm still mulling over what to do with my other books.  Everything I write may end up as ebooks, but I'm still keeping my options open.

Anyway, I got the idea of using the same exact design for the covers to all three books, but switching the colors around.  DEATH OF AN IMMORTAL has a yellow wall as a background, with a mirror on it and red blood is dripping off the mirror.  For RULE OF VAMPIRE, I'll change the background wall to a sort of brown, with blue blood dripping off the mirror.  (Vampires have blue blood.)  For the third book, same design, change the color of the wall again, and gold blood on the mirror (a new kind of vampire has evolved...with gold color blood.)  Thus the title: BLOOD OF GOLD.

I never intended to write a Vampire trilogy, but it's been so much fun to write and I like the characters and it has come pretty easy, so who am I to turn down the gift?




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool, that's so exciting! And I don't even like vampires!
...Well, I suppose "didn't" would be more accurate. ;)