Friday, July 12, 2013

Final Push.

Going to finish RULE OF VAMPIRE in the next three to four days.  Hoping actually to finish by Sunday so I'll have a day or two to read it through.

Linda is heading to Portland for a few days, and I always get more done when the house is empty.

The outline has been helpful, but changes seem to happen at every step of the way.  I had come up with an ending to the "Big Bad" that was ironic, but I've realized that it wouldn't be cathartic since it was the no-name minions who are bringing him down.  Now, I'm thinking I'll have him defeated and humiliated, but survive to fight another day.

Linda seems very involved in the story.  I read the big "explanation" chapter yesterday and she apparently dreamed about it all night and came up with alternative explanations.  Sometimes you're better off not explaining, but in this case I felt all the books tied together through an explanation and it was just time I laid it all out. (Counting the first book, 400 pages in.)

I think her objections are right on, and I'm going to try to incorporate her suggestions.

Hard to believe I'm almost done.

 I'll probably start right in on BLOOD OF GOLD, the third book in the series.



No comments: