Monday, July 8, 2013

"Fan" letter.

I just got my second fan letter ever -- this one about Snowcastles and Icetowers.  Last year, I got one from Australia about Star Axe.  She wrote to my Duncan McGeary writer site.

Of course, I couldn't have gotten any letters before, I guess.  No way to get ahold of me.  The imprint, Tower Publications, went out of business though the publisher continued for another 30 years. 

She said she read Snowcastles and thought it endearing and went and got the Icetowers and then carried them around for years.  She was moving and picked up Snowcastles and wondered, "Keep?"

She'd just read Snowcastles a second time and was starting in on Icetowers and ended with,

"I just thought you might enjoy knowing the long-term influence of this story. Linda in Massachusetts."

It's fun to realize that paperback copies are floating around the world and every once in a while someone is picking them and reading them.

And I seem to be getting these little boosts on a regular basis -- as if fate is telling me to keep on going. 

No comments: