Saturday, October 9, 2010

Dear Bank of America....Please go away.

So I get a 'bill' from Bank of America for our Home Equity Line of Credit.

At Zero. 00.00. No balance.

O.K. But why did they send me this?

Wait.....you don't suppose they still think we have a RELATIONSHIP do you? Could that explain it?

Dear Bank of America:

See....you cut us off when we still supposedly had 20k credit left, a couple of years ago. Hey, Bank of America, YOU broke up with ME. (Never mind, I dated Columbia River Bank, woke up in bed with Countrywide, and got kicked out of bed by Bank of America.)

We no longer share joint custody of the house. The house is all mine (and Linda's, of course.)

I've paid you off. We HAVE no relationship. I don't want to be friends. I don't want to go out with you, or buy you dinner, or take you home.

Please leave my life, forever.

3 comments:

RDC said...

If this is your first billing period since you paid it off, it is a normal billing practice to send a zero statement.

Credit card companies do the same thing. It is to confirm a zero balance.

Anonymous said...

Ha! Funny, Duncan.

It's enough to make one simply work with a local credit union, period.

Not that I'm affiliated with a credit union, but I sure am having good luck with mine.

Duncan McGeary said...

You got to allow me one little kick to their butt on the way out the door....