Monday, April 5, 2010

Mother Nature, make up your mind!

Clash of the Titans = McCheeseburger.

Though I did like the Pegasus.

At the end, Zeus says, "I didn't want to lose a son to mankind," and I laughed out loud. No one else did. I asked Linda about it, and she didn't catch it.

Maybe because it was Easter, I thought it an ironic statement. Probably reading too much into it.

The 3-D effects were muddy and lackluster.

"Wow," Linda says. "This Sam Worthington fellow is becoming a big star -- Terminator, Avatar, and C of the T's."

"Yeah, but we still don't know if he can act...."

**********

I'd be willing to jump all over bad Republican behavior, false degrees and strip clubs and all, except I think it's more general politician bad behavior.

Though the Republican's would be all over the Dems if it was the other way around, so I suppose to keep a balance, we need to point our fingers. "See!!! See!!! Bad guys! Republicans!!"

**********

I've sold all of 2 of the 30 copies of the Twilight Graphic Novel. Not one of my better buying decisions. It seems to be neither fish nor fowl.

**********

Been perusing my paper copy of Internal Correspondence, and am surprised by the general tone. I would have thought, after visiting daily the professional online bulletin boards for comic and game retailers, that the comic industry was slightly up and the game industry slightly down.

In fact, the comic industry is slightly down, the game industry is slightly up.

The problem is the other side of the coin of my previous post about those 30 comic retailers who are actually willing to talk about their business. They're all pretty good at it, so they tend to skew the perception.

The game insiders tend to be even more vocal, however, making their complaints sound like the industry isn't doing too well.

You have to factor in those tendencies.

I've always thought game retailers were the most analytical; the comic retailers, at least those willing to talk at all, are slightly less analytical; book retailers tend to fuzz their results and tend to be a little less open to new ideas; and card retailers are completely and utterly oblivious.

1 comment:

H. Bruce Miller said...

Re Clash of the Titans: How can anybody not love a movie in which Liam Neeson, playing Zeus, delivers the immortal line: "Release the Kraken!"