Thursday, May 1, 2008

Wrong is Wright.

"It's guilt by association," my sister Tina says. "Everyone know's someone who's opinions are off the wall....or....." she looks at me. "A relative who's opinions are off the wall."

So...I figure by now I've expressed enough on this blog to insure that I couldn't get elected dogcatcher. Worse, neither could my wife or my sister. Or anyone of you who have clicked this site. You will be found out.

Heck, I'm probably permanently damned for associating with Bilbo.

Anyway, I've made a decision. I'm not going to listen or read any news that isn't issue oriented. If it turns out that one of the candidates has been screwing a Panda, (I won't say which one), it ain't going to matter to me.

I've had it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dunc,

I don't watch TV, nor own one.

But I was reading the NYTimes online, and I was read a Wright story, and they had his actual speeches online post Moyer last week.

I listened to them, this guy was a 100% right on, reminded me of Malcolm-X from the 60's. Wright is PURE black church, trouble is MOST blacks don't go to church.

Wright doesn't even really like Obama, he made it clear that Obama was never a regular.

Wright is mad as hell,

What's most fascinating, is NOBODY is debating what Wright says. Only that he said some things that can't be said. He just rips the corporate media to shit.

The fact is Wright should be running for prez, because he makes Obama look like a wimp.

Bewert said...

Re: What's most fascinating, is NOBODY is debating what Wright says.

That's the way our media works today. It's frustrating as hell, but also an opportunity for someone big to step up.

The general response to the last debate on ABC was incredibly negative among the general public because of all the gotcha questions that have nothing to do with what really troubles this nation.

The Huffington Post website has grown very quickly simply because it is focused on things that matter. Same thing with DailyKos, even though it is a pointedly Democrat website. A lot of smart people with focus on reality and things that really matter post there, and stupid shit gets shouted down quickly. Any site that is "reality-based" will grow. Hell, look at BB2.

I've actually been impressed by some of the stuff the WS Journal has been printing since Murdoch took it over. And I fucking hate Rupert Murdoch. But they are stepping up to the plate a bit more with facts that matter, not facts that don't.