Sunday, July 29, 2007

I think I'm in classic "Hurry up and Wait!" mode, right now. At first, I thought I'd have to hold my landlord off, while I had time to think and investigate. He did ask for a letter of intent, but my feeling was that was just to show his bank that there was some fool out there willing to pay his price, and to borrow more money. Since then, haven't heard much from him. I feel used....

Just kidding. I talked to him on Thursday, and he said the lawyer was drawing up a contract.

Besides, I told myself going in that if it was meant to be, it would happen in a way that made it happen. Or not...

I've done a lot of thinking, and one thing is becoming obvious. I won't be able to toss off this store. It is going to require some real creativity, effort and caring. At the same time, I don't want the downtown store to be hurt. I was in cleaning up this morning, and there is very little besides not having enough space that I don't like about it.

So I'm in limbo right now. I can do all kinds of thinking and planning, but I have to hold off implementing anything.

No comments: