Thursday, July 12, 2007

Everything seems to fall into limbo during July and August and Christmas. I'm pretty focused on just the business. Even reading seems to be hard for me to do, much less writing.

The store isn't really all that busy. Its the anticipation that's killing me.

I'm a little perturbed that it looks as though a bike race will be starting very early tomorrow. Hey, I wasn't thrilled when they closed the streets around 5:00 for a 7:00 race, but if they close the streets tomorrow at 12:00 for a 2:00 race, I'm going to be very unhappy.

Meanwhile, I'm just hoping they won't block access to my door to much on Summerfest. One year I showed up, and they had put a huge freezer, 10 feet tall and wide, right in front of my door. I just never know what to expect, except tons of people milling around. It used to be I could count on a 1/3rd drop in sales.

I'll tell you what. Last Saturday, on a scale of 1 to 10, we did 7.5 in business. Not great, not terrible. Lets see how I do this Saturday. You can all guage if it was success or not.

No comments: