Friday, January 4, 2013

Subconscious to Duncan -- start writing.

After taking a break from writing for the holidays, I woke very early this morning with a fully developed scene in my head.  Not just the scene, but the actual words -- in order, specific order.  A scene that I'd had no inkling of before I went to sleep.

A vampire story, which isn't a story I would have chosen to tell.  The first chapter is entitled: Empty Mirrors. 

I tossed and turned for a few minutes, thinking I'd put it off until normal waking time, but the words were just too clear.  While I might remember the scene, I wasn't likely the remember the words.

So I got up and wrote them down.  Probably had 50 words when I started, and by the time I fleshed out the scene, it turned into 361 words.

In the back of my brain, it's telling me the title of the story is:  LAST DAY OF THE IMMORTAL.


That was fun.  Fulfilling.   As I always say, I love this part of writing.  The creative discovery, the flow of words.  I swore I wouldn't start a story without thinking it out first, but how could I turn down this offering?

Maybe it won't go anywhere.  Maybe it will peter out.  But as long as it keeps coming to me, I'll keep writing it.  I've got a second scene shaping up in my head.

Apparently, my subconscious wasn't satisfied with tinkering with NEARLY HUMAN for another month or two.  It demanded something new.

I'm thinking it might be another blog novel, like FREEDY.  Something I write for the pure fun of it, try not to overthink or overwrite, not push it, just a quick and fun read.

But I think I'll get a few chapters in before I start posting, just to make sure it isn't a one-up.

No comments: