Thursday, July 5, 2012

June results.

+21% over last year, the 12th straight month of increases over the previous year.

It will be interesting to see if we can now start to beat the previous increases. It might be hard to do in July, because we had a pretty big month last year.

Every category saw at least a double digit increase this month, which I think is the first time that has happened.

Comics: +24%. Comics continue to do well.

Sports Cards: +10%. Reinvesting in these, and getting a bit of a boost, but probably not much more than I'm putting in. Trying to get these going again, especially after seeing card shops on my trip who seemed to be making headway.

CCG's: +10%. Considering that I have one less competitor than before, not a major increase but I'll take it.

Games: +27%. Very gratifying that these continue to do well.

New and Used Books: +24%. Also very gratifying. Books have just continued to grow.

Toys: +35%. A big increase in a smaller category, but nice to see since I've been reinvesting in this category this year.

Graphic Novels: +15%. I feel with the quality of the selection I've brought in, this category should actually be doing better. But I certainly see it as solid.


I also did an analysis of the first six months compared to last year, with very similar results.

+22% increase overall.

Comics: +24%.

Sports cards: +10.

CCG's: +10.

Games: +28%.

Books: +24%.

Toys: +35%.

Graphic Novels: +15%.

So, not just close to the same as June, but almost exactly the same. (The numbers don't seen to quite add up, but I'm getting ready for work. I'll try to figure out how the individual increases didn't add up to a larger overall increase later...)(O.K. I think it's just a 'rounding' error. No biggie.)

At any rate, it would seem that the growth in all categories is real and solid.

No comments: