Friday, May 11, 2012

Smooth moves.

Have had Mike's mystery books piled up on my work table for weeks. I've been working around them, instead of packing them.

So today, I put my coffee in a crevice, and it slipped out, splashing everywhere.

All because I've been too lazy to get it done.

So now I'm packing, and it's freakin' hot in here. I could have done this in comfort weeks ago.

Smooth move.

**********

I stopped carrying WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE because the dust cover kept getting damaged and I kept having to transfer it to the used book section.

Smooth move.

**********

"Watch our for the bark dust," the Villa Court mover says to me.

Yeah, yeah. As a former semi-professional gardener, heh, I've worked in bark dust my whole life. Inconvenient, the occasional splinter, but manageable.

So I'm wearing shorts and sandals for the first time, and I walk over the bark dust. Ten minutes later, I realize I have splinters by the dozens.

"I hear they're using Fir bark now," Linda says. "That's much worse."

Smooth move.

**********

Wearing shorts, without my belt, I don't do the usual transfer and the leather belt goes through the wash and comes up as curly spaghetti.

Smooth move.

**********

I make spelling and grammar errors on this blog, but not as many as I do when I make comments, or do e-mails.

I just must check more often -- and it's easier to make editorial changes.

Comments and e-mails are as sloppy as everyday speech, I guess.

Smooth move.

**********

Forgot to pay my rent on time.

Smooth move.

No comments: