Saturday, May 12, 2012

Avengers assemble!

All right, all right already! I saw the movie!

It was terrific. Amazing, considering how much action was packed into the movie that any characterization was possible at all. Some very humorous moments.

I don't care for superhero knockdowns, (stupid misunderstandings), in the comics or the movies, but I can overlook that. Interestingly, the best selling current comic right now is exactly that, a punchfest between the X-Men and the Avengers.


Sidenote: I kept wondering who this Agent Hill was, and why was Joss Whedon lovingly showing her backside? Not just once, he has a scene where she is walking away from the camera in her skintight black leathers. Good looking woman.

Turns out, the actress's name is Cobie Smulders, and if I remember rightly, Whedon was planning to cast her in the role of Wonder Woman.

I wonder if the producers of Wonder Woman are kicking themselves right about now. Heh.

3 comments:

H. Bruce Miller said...

"why was Joss Whedon lovingly showing her backside?"

Sounds like it was worth looking at.

Kevin said...

Well, Black Widow's bum got plenty of screen time as well. Not that I am complaining mind you.

I enjoyed the movie, have seen it twice, and found myself thinking The Hulk was fantastic as portrayed and rendered. Also, Loki was the best part of the movie for me. But everyone got equal time and good moments.

My only concern now is..what next? Because to my mind, another alien invasion would be a rehash only with bigger and better explosions.

Also...you ever wonder when watching these movies what happens next? All those alien bodies, armor, vehicles and weapons laying around. You think people grab souveniers or gangs grab up some laser guns in the confusion to start up super gangs? Alien tech and such starts popping up on Ebay maybe? If I was there, I would grab up a laser gun or what have you and keep it in the closet.

Just curious.

Duncan McGeary said...

Marvel actually invented a squad called Damage Control whose job it is to go and fix all the damage that's done in these kinds of fights.