Monday, December 21, 2009

"I'm a wild animal."

The Fantastic Mr. Fox is a strange little movie.

I mean, I liked it, but how odd that it was made. It's the kind of movie that you like, but you're pretty sure no one else will.

It was all tone and attitude and sophistication. I laughed outloud at some of the unexpected phrasing.

A five year old kid behind me lasted about five minutes. "I have to go to the bathroom!" and then about half an hour later, "I have to go to the bathroom again!"

Anyway, I'm partial to movies that are different than anything else, and this qualifies. A cult movie in the making...

3 comments:

Duncan McGeary said...

Oh, I see Rotten Tomatoes Top Critics give it a 100%.

And it's earned a big 16 Mill.

H.L. Mencken is right again.

H. Bruce Miller said...

I'll have to see it.

Wife and I saw "Christmas Carol" in 3D the other day. Can't recommend it. The 3D doesn't really add anything and it's overlong.

Does anybody think 3D will stick around this time or is it just a gimmick that will be forgotten in a year or two?

Anonymous said...

"Does anybody think 3D will stick around"

I wouldn't mind if 3D went away. I saw UP in 3D and didn't feel that the 3D added anything. It wasn't worth the surcharge.