Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Reason for optimism?

There is an interesting level of optimism going on, about the economy and housing.

I don't share that optimism. But I'm interested as to why it's occurring. Perhaps it's seasonal. Perhaps it's cyclical. Perhaps it's just people tired of all the bad news and looking for the slimmest of reasons to hope.

Far be it for me to stomp on their hope.

Still, there is one thing I wish all the news stories would do, both locally and nationally.

Put the process into context. Use a timeline. And use the words, "So Far." And "Yet."

This is a process, not an end result.


For me, right now, optimism is a moot point. My taxes are so huge that I'll be dealing with nothing but that for next couple of months. I can do it, but it's an internal thing. I suppose I should be glad that my business is in a position to pay them off.

When you get right down to it, most business decisions are more internal than external. The national or local economy of course have an impact, but your everyday business decisions, and your own circumstances, are so much more important.

That why I almost need to ignore what's happening out there in the 'real' world and just pay attention to my own requirements.

Taxes are a bitch.

No comments: