Sunday, June 9, 2024

Spurred into making upgrades.

Not going to try to do anything today but deal with customers. Can't get near the doors anyway with the event happening. 

Luckily, I'm working Monday and most of the books don't arrive until Tuesday. 

My overall feeling is that the returnability program is a gamble, that ordering so many books maybe won't boost sales and that I might regret losing points on the profit margin. I'll see it through Christmas; I can opt out and go back to the old way of doing things if I want to.

If nothing else, I found a few more way to display more books, which I would have thought impossible before. The second best thing about this is the extra storage. 

Speaking of which, I ordered ten stackable white cubes. I want to raise everything up another 15 inches, to a little over five feet high. Plus, more storage. I figure three at the entrance, and six on the table. Could be cool. The only question is how secure they'll be. With tight quarters, they're almost certainly going to be collided with at some point. I'll see how solid they are when I'm done, and if they seem shaky, I'll hire someone to screw them together (who has proper tools.) 

Can still have it all done before the end of the month. If nothing else, the returnable program has spurred me into making upgrades.

No comments: