Friday, June 7, 2024

Final changes just in time for summer.

I've built two of the window displays, three yet to build. Pretty crude, but effective. Once the books are on them, they'll look fine. I used wood glue this time, so I'm hoping that will be strong enough. It cost about $250 bucks because wood has gotten very expensive. I mean, buying window displays even if I could find them would cost a lot more and assembling them myself isn't that onerous a chore. And it needed to be done. 

I don't know. Maybe taking out the standups won't make any difference, but at the point in the store where I have only so many options about going forward. I'll have excess inventory, and this will eat up over 100 spaces.

So basically, about the same number of face-out titles in the windows as inside the store, or about 250 in total. I think I might be able to figure out one more bookshelf on the slat walls above the games if I'm willing to put some toys aside; say for Warhammer and other game related books. (Just had this idea, but it's a good one. Warhammer fiction sells extremely well.)

I now have two days to get all the fixtures fixed and ready to transport. I'll need to go in early on Sunday a couple of times to transport everything. (I might make a run this afternoon.)

What's kind of cool about these changes is that I have done anything but scrimp on comics. I've encouraged Sabrina to up our orders, I've got a whole fresh supply of back issues, all spruced up in fresh bags, boards, and boxes, with a large backstock to keep refilling them. 

So in exchange for pushing books harder, I've made the commitment to keep up the comics, card games, toys, and board games. I have more product than ever in all these categories. 

I think any changes from here on out will be micro adjustments because I can't imagine finding any more space. 

 But I've said that before. 

Many times.


No comments: