Monday, June 17, 2024

License Plate Bingo

I'm playing License Plate Bingo with myself this summer. Starting on the 25th of May, I started writing down license plates I see on my commute. The goal is to hit all 50 states by the beginning of September.

So far, in three weeks, I've seen almost half of them. The obvious, of course, but also states like Hawaii (that's like getting an inside straight) and Iowa and so on.

I figure I might be able to catch about half that many states in the next month, and then half again as much the last month, leaving me short by about five or six states. My guess is that Mississippi and Louisiana will be the hardest: maybe Delaware and Rhode Island. 

Populated states are easy: New York, Texas, but I also see a lot of Wyoming plates.

Some of these license plates have tiny lettering or are obscured; I have to stop myself from tail-gating just so I can see the plates. 

Oregon, Washington, California, Idaho, Utah, Nevada, Montana, Arizona, Hawaii, Iowa, Colorado, New York, Texas, Alaska, Wyoming, Kansas, Georgia, Florida, Arkansas, Ohio, Oklahoma, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts.

It just goes to show that Bend is a tourist destination.

No comments: