Friday, June 21, 2024

Mad ergonomics.

I've got some ideas, God help me. 

My mind is churning with ideas on how to configure the store. Small changes, but lots of them, and they'll add up to something significant. 

I'm trying to take the same limited space and make it as diverse as is possible. So that means adding some things, reducing some things, and most of all, moving lots of things.

The summer has arrived. What seems to be happening is that we are getting more people in the door than ever, but each of them are spending a little less money, and it comes out about the same. But it's also nearly impossible to file books when the store is packed, much less try to move product from one section to the next.

I will have to go in early for several days if I'm going to have any chance of pulling this off. 

The cubes have arrived. These are going to serve as risers for the new shelves, which were children's shelves and low to the ground. I've already raised them by one foot, and I'm intending to raise them another foot. Also gives us extra storage room. 

I'm going to put them together today in the basement, then install them on Sunday night.

I'd like to get all this in place by July 1, which means getting busy over the next week. I have a vision for how it will all look in my head and it's kind of exciting.

No comments: