Tuesday, May 20, 2014

It's just work now.

Here, at a very crucial stage of Faerylander, I'd just as soon quit working on it.

Because that's what it is now.  Work.  Like digging ditches. 

I just want to throw it into the hands of my editors and say, "Fix it."

All that remains to be done is that final crucial read thru and rewrite.  No, I don't want to do it.  But it must be done. 

Two days.  All I have to do is tie myself to my deskchair for two more days and ignore the siren calls of a spring day...or the faint whisper of any other temptation -- any temptation at all. 

Get to work on it.  Finish right.

Kinda stupid to spend three years off and on working on this damn thing and then not be willing to put in that last little bit of work that might make the whole endeavor worthwhile.


No comments: