Friday, May 2, 2014

It works as a trilogy.

I like my Vampire Evolution Trilogy quite a bit -- especially as a trilogy.  A complete and satisfying story arc.

For the longest time, I kept writing single novels.   Even Snowcastles and Icetowers were originally one story. 

I don't know that it ever occurred to me to write continuing adventures.  I suppose I had some concept that you continued that which was successful, and so you kept writing that first book until one of them hit it big.

But I think when I gave up on concept of "hitting it big" and just started writing what I wanted to write that I was freed to keep writing about the same characters and scenarios and settings.

It allows me a chance to deepen the relationships, to more fully flesh out the world.  I can stretch my storytelling, expand and develop.

In other words, it's very enjoyable.

Not to mention easier.  (Not having to create all of it from whole cloth.)

And finally, I think, more effective as a story.

So I'm kind of hooked on the concept now.  I'm so prolific I've got several ongoing series going, some of which the first book hasn't even been published! 

Doesn't matter.  What matters is the writing.

Just a reminder to everyone.  The whole trilogy is really cheap right now.  Only 99 cents each on Amazon, B&N, Smashwords and Apple.  If a few of you buy it, it will really help on the "lists."  So -- just a matter of taking the time.

Please do.

Duncan

No comments: