Thursday, March 27, 2014

My Name in Lights.

There's a certain style in Horror covers.  You begin to recognize it after you've looked at enough lists.

My publisher has that style nailed down.  I mean, I can't explain it.  It's just the style.  The thing I noticed right away with Books of the Dead is that they are very much on top of what is happening in both the Horror genre, and with the intersection between ebooks and traditional publishing.  A hybrid, if you will, with a tilt toward the ebook side.

Which is probably exactly where they should be, and where I'm happy to find myself.  I just can't imagine doing it the old-fashioned way anymore -- writing a book a year, waiting a year for it to come out.  And that only after spending months if not years negotiating the obstacle course -- and with a pretty high chance that nothing ever happens at all.



Anyway I like the covers.  I probably wouldn't have come up with them myself.  I probably wouldn't have put my name in Stephen King sized letters above the title.  ("You're a star!" says Bruce).  It's out of my hands, in any case.  The publisher is in charge of how the book looks, when it is released, and how it is marketed.

Which again, is all right by me. 

Looks like all three books of the Vampire Trilogy are going to be on "pre-release" sale at Apple and Barnes and Noble and Kobo in the next few days.  There is going to be a way to get them all cheaper, with a bonus book added in. 

Details as soon as I get them.

I don't know if it is unusual to offer an entire trilogy straight away.  But again, I figure my publisher knows what he's doing.

No comments: