Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Hoping for Led to the Slaughter to show up today.

I'm pretty sure I'll get the book today or tomorrow, unless something has gone wrong in the shipping.

But you know what?

The print copy is available right now at both Amazon and Barnes and Noble's online.  So if you can't make it into the store, or if you don't want to make it into the store, or you're too far away to make it into the store, you can still get the book.

Meanwhile, Led to the Slaughter will still be in the "Last 30 Days" grace period for the next week or so. This is where I'm only competing with the other books that have been recently completed (instead of every Stephen King and Dean Koontz ect. book every written.)

So any purchase or any review has a major impact on rankings.  The algorithms are a bit of a mystery (apparently to everyone) but it is obvious that good reviews really pull the book upward.

My theory is, the higher the book is on a list, the more likely it is to be seen, the more likely someone will buy it, the higher the book on the list.  A virtuous cycle.

So there's still a chance to affect that, anyone who has been thinking about doing a review, the next week is the absolute best time for it

I can't really tell how my book is doing.

I'm pretty sure it's either doing really good, or really bad, or somewhere in-between....

No comments: