Thursday, January 2, 2014

Tortoise wins!

Didn't beat last year until the last ten days of December, but beat last year I did.  A few percentage points, because the last ten days were damn good.  In other words, I was behind last year all year until then.  Six months behind, six months ahead.

Books and Games continue their steady increases.  I intend to keep following that lead.  Comics had a small increase, cards and card games were about even, and toys continued their steady decline.

I'm not getting rid of toys because they serve a valuable purpose -- they are basically the only thing I can effectively sell at the 10 foot and up range on the walls.  They look good, they add to the ambiance.  But they are going to be steadily removed from the under 10 foot areas and replaced by either games or books.

So I just need to keep getting more and more books and games.  And find places to put them.  I'm constantly getting ideas.

I want to put in a "writing" shelf.  More of a "how-to" art shelf.  A Beatles and Dylan and a few others shelf.

Just keep continually morphing the store to my interests.  People seem to respond, more or less, to my interests.  Especially tourists.

I have an odd store, but it seems to work.  (I'm an odd person, but I seem to work.)

No comments: