Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year this and that.

Don't you just know this new campus sitting on top of a pumice mine is going to be a disaster? 

And that they'll go ahead anyway, despite all the warnings?

I'm not saying they're wrong, just that all will not be smooth...

**********

I'm amazed that the citizens have been so generous to the Parks and Recreation.  And I think, rightly so.  This is our town, folks.  We are tourist and retirement and we'd better make sure our town fits that image...

That pavilion could be pretty spectacular.

**********

The Bulletin has been pretty relentless in their slamming of Obamacare.

Yeah, yeah, whatever. 

It's been nothing but a blessing for me.

**********

Whenever I bemoan how I'm dependent on the customer, and how I can't predict what they're going to do, I think of poor Hoodoo Ski Area, and count my blessings.

At least I'm not dependent on snow.

**********

I don't understand the appeal of Mad Men.  Honestly, didn't we rebel against that bullshit in 60's?

I've spent my whole life trying to avoid that nonsense.  Awful way of life.  (Screw the nostalgia for Dallas, too.)

**********

Reading John D. MacDonald's Travis McGee novels is a bit of time-travel.  I'm up to 1970's and those dirty hippies and the awful menace of Marijuana.  Heh.

*********

Stock market was good this year.  Why does that make me nervous?

**********

Watched a documentary about the making of Born to Run.  Oh, the work!  Oh, the toil! 

I'm a lazy bastard.

*********



No comments: