Friday, November 30, 2012

Friday fuds.

Guy comes in and asks for Terry Goodkind's The First Confessor.  I can't find it on my wholesale list.  I research it a little, and find out it's only available on Kindle and Nook.

Hey, guess what.  All of Terry Goodkind's books are unavailable -- in my store, as of now.  If anyone wants them for half price come and get them.  Otherwise I'll be tossing them.

***********

Chuck was in the store and I asked him why we didn't have any Christmas Lights on our street.

"Oh!  We're saving your street for the Grand Lighting!  But didn't you notice the balls in your tree?"

"Well, I noticed they were really big balls."

"Yes, well I told them to save the biggest balls for the tree in front of Pegasus Books."

"Which is only appropriate..."

We kept rolling like that for quite awhile.

***********

Money is wasted on the rich.

***********

"Yeah, but Duncan," you say.  "You will probably be publishing an ebook yourself!"

"What, huh?  Oh, you want to talk to Writer-Duncan, not Business-Duncan.  I'll see if he's available."

"Hello?  Of course an ebook is great.  Drop the middleman and all that..."

Business-Duncan---"Can I butt in here?  The difference is Goodkind is a successful author because of bookstores and now he's stabbing them in the back."

Writer-Duncan -- "Pffffh.  Whatever."

**********

Since I've fallen completely in a writer-persona, I haven't been reading much at all.  I started reading the first Travis McGee novel by John D. MacDonald, but it's been difficult because it's so dated. (1964)  There's sex that is described that is basically rape.  "Wait a minute, that's rape!" But it more or less passes as 'normal.'  The treatment of women is ridiculous.  Madonna and whore, good girl, bad girl. Ridiculous infantilism of the female.  Manly man takes care of helpless girls (women).  Ugh.

**********

Was interviewed by a guy for Cascade Business News.  He was a-talking -- I'm was a-talking.  We had a-talking war.

Working fewer days means I get even more talkative than when I'm working a full schedule.  And I especially like talking about writing nowadays, and don't always notice people's eyes glazing over.  I found myself apologizing to a couple on their way out the door yesterday saying,  "Sorry I'm so egotistical..."

Heh.

**********


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should be paying people to take Terry Goodkind off your hands.

Jim

Martha said...

Wow, boo to Goodkind. That's crazy.
For what it's worth, I understand and support your reaction.

Also, I like when you talk my ear off about writing. It's fun and inspiring. :)